5 Question Fridays
1. Have you ever had surgery?
I had tubes put into my ears as a child and my first child was born via c-section.
2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
Never rode in an ambulance. Came close when I was in labor with my second child. Hubby wasn’t home yet and my contractions were 1 minute apart. I had the phone in my hand to call 9-1-1 when hubby walked in the door.
3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
I start out in a panic then become calm when I realize that there is help.
4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
I currently have a 20 foot by 70 foot garden that normally is planted with a combination of flowers and veggies.
5. When did you move out of your parents house?
I moved out the year I got married.
1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?
I would have to choose the Kids Wish Foundation.
2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt?
Love snow days. Break out the snow suits and take my 4 children to the sledding hills.
3. What talent did you wish you had and why?
I love to color, so I wish I could draw or paint pictures (landscapes, still life, etc.)
4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?
No. News is depressing, politics – too much drama, celebrity gossip – they just need to get a life.
5. What is your favorite “cocktail”? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps your more the “Cosmo” kind?! Anything flies…doesn’t hafta be alcoholic!)
I prefer Korbel Brandy with RC Cola. I also like a fruity wine once in awhile.
1. Where did you meet your spouse and did you instanty know it was love?
I met my hubby in a non-alcoholic night club. We knew right away that we were meant for each other.
2. What is your favorite room in your house?
My favorite room right know is the dining room. My house is open style so from where I sit in the dining room I can supervise the 2 younger children at play in the living room and the 2 older children in our makeshift school room.
3. Can you wiggle your ears?
No and I don’t think I would want to try it.
4. What is your evening ritual?
Read aloud and get younger 2 in bed. Read aloud and get older 2 in bed. Read with hubby or watch movie with hubby, shower, brush teeth, read some more, check facebook, check animals, check children, sleep.
5. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Ideally, I would love to sleep uninterupted for 8-10 hours. I need 6-8 of uninterupted sleep fo function. I have found caffine to be my best friend when I get less than 6 hours of sleep or interupted sleep. Gotta love coffee and tea.
1. What movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of?
Right now I would have to say that my favorite movie to watch is The Italian Job.
2. What’s your biggest pet peeve right now?
My biggest pet peeve right now: I don’t really have one at the moment.
3. If you had to describe your best friend in five words or less, what would you say?
My best friend is honest, loyal, kind, compassionate, and gentle.
4. If you did not have to worry about money or go to school what would you do for a living?
This is a tough one. I am already living my dream job. Stay at home mom of 4 lively children, simply living and homeschooling. I guess having a hobby farm, teaching and playing piano would be the next goals.
5. What is your one “splurge” item, that you will always buy, no matter the cost?
Books, books, and more books. Books to read, “school” books, craft books, books of anykind.